Mark R. Fischer Jr.
Business Litigation Attorney
Mark Fischer is a partner in the firm’s litigation department. He focuses his practice primarily on representing businesses in breach of contract, payment collection, construction defect, and consumer protection disputes throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Mark Fischer is a partner in the firm’s litigation department. His practice focuses on representing businesses and individuals in legal matters involving:
- contracts (business-business, business-customer, contractor-subcontractor)
- construction and home renovation (residential and commercial)
- consumer protection claims
- mortgages and liens on real estate
- commercial leases
- condominium and home owners associations
- land development and zoning
Mark’s skills as an attorney center on his ability to represent the client’s best interests while maintaining a constant-eye toward efficiency and resolution. He applies a business-oriented, customer service approach toward litigation. He has developed this mindset over his several years as regional counsel to a multi-national retail company, an experience that has provided Mark a view through the eyes of in-house counsel. He uses this experience to counsel businesses on strategically handling disputes without losing focus on the business’ end goal and its bottom line.
Currently Mark serves as assistant township solicitor to Lower Macungie Township and on zoning matters for Upper Dublin Township in Pennsylvania. Mr. Fischer also has considerable experience in handling complex zoning matters on appeal to the Common Pleas and Commonwealth Court levels.
Mark is a studious attorney with an attention to detail. He finds value in the art of cooperation and collaboration with other attorneys to determine the best strategies for effectively handling his cases. He leads by example, both in his work and his personal pursuits, which has made him a productive member of the legal community. This was confirmed when he was appointed as Chair of the Montgomery County Law Reporter, a publication that contains recent opinions, local rule changes, legal notices, and the latest Montgomery Bar news.
Mark has an intimate knowledge of the Philadelphia area. He grew up in Philadelphia and Lower Bucks County, attended college and law school in Delaware County, and now lives and works in Montgomery County. This knowledge of the area gives Mark a unique understanding of the local communities and the business climate in the Greater Philadelphia area. In addition to his work in Pennsylvania, Mark has significant experience in the New Jersey Courts. He completed his judicial clerkship there following law school and now handles commercial litigation cases throughout the State.
Mark currently lives in Montgomery County with his wife, son and two daughters. He enjoys sports, exercise, exploring the local parks with his family, and rooting for his beloved Philadelphia sports teams. In his spare time you can find Mark coaching for Plymouth Little League and Colonial Soccer Club of Plymouth Meeting, PA.
Get to Know Business Litigation Attorney Mark R. Fischer Jr.
Affiliations & Honors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member, 2009-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Law Reporter Committee, Chair, 2019
- Montgomery Bar Association, Law Reporter Committee, Vice-Chair, 2018
- Montgomery Bar Association, Law Reporter Committee,Treasurer, 2017
- Montgomery Bar Association, Leadership Academy, 2016
- Montgomery Bar Association, Bench Bar Committee, 2014-present
- Montgomery Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section, Secretary, 2020
- Top-Rated Civil Litigation Attorney, Super Lawyers, 2018-Present
- Main Line Today, Top Lawyer, 2019-present
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- New Jersey, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit, 2008
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Widener University, B.S. Business Administration, summa cum laude, 2001
- Law Clerk – Superior Court of New Jersey, 2004-2005
Mark Fischer's Legal Insights
PA Municipalities worried about the Airbnb trend can rest easier
In a recent decision, the PA Supreme Court reversed the Commonwealth Court’s ruling and in doing so, state that Airbnb-type […]
Small business owners: Beware these recent developments in PA law!
For small business owners, the growth of a startup business can cause you to overlook the legal minutiae that come […]
“Several years ago, not really having an attorney, I contacted Mark Fischer of High Swartz for advice regarding a complicated family estate matter. Upon meeting with Mark at High Swartz’s offices in Norristown, I was immediately impressed with his knowledge and professionalism as well as his likable demeanor. His questions regarding my legal matter were both thoughtful and on point. By the conclusion of our initial meeting, Mark was able to provide me with the direction I needed to resolve my legal matter. Throughout the entire process, Mark was instrumental in helping to bring the matter to a very successful closure. I highly recommend Attorney Mark Fischer.”
“Our firm, Luft & Company, P.C., has worked with Mark Fischer and others at High Swartz. We are consistently pleased with their counsel and their work on behalf of us and our clients.”
“Mark Fischer gave us sensible advice concerning a dispute regarding the construction of our condo building. He has kept up with the issue and provided us with good counsel throughout.”